Saturday, June 29, 2013

My 3 Week Love Affair

It's starting.  The day that signifies the real start of summer for me.  Today is the opening stage of the Tour de France.  Of course, I'm going to go celebrate by riding my bike.   Then I get to sprawl out on the couch and listen to the sweet sounds of Paul and Phil.  Music to my ears I tell you.

Yes, I know cycling is riddled with cheaters.  It's been tainted for years, most famously by HeWhoCannotBeNamed a.k.a Lance Armstrong.  It still doesn't take away from the fact that it's an incredibly exciting sport.  The power, skill and sheer grit of these men really is amazing.  I have watched a small peleton fly by and I can only imagine what it must be like to see one the size of the Tour go by. 

This year marks the 100th anniversary of Le Tour so I suspect there will be all sorts of pomp and circumstance.  There are 6 mountain stages with 4 summit finishes.  Of course Alpe D'Huez is in there.  They have also brought back the team time trial which I absolutely LOVE.

To say I'm excited would be an understatement.  I guess you could say that this would be my Stanley Cup Playoffs.

If you're looking for me over the next 3 weeks, you'll find me parked on the couch, glued to the TV fully enjoying my little love affair.


No comments: