Friday, May 26, 2017

May Runfessions

If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen this post yesterday.  I figured it was time to Runfess, so I'm linking up with Marcia's Healthy Slice for some Runfessions.

What do I have to runfess about this month?

Well.......

Running and I are currently not really getting along and I suspect it's because I've neglected my strength and physio work these past two months.  I'm all over my athletes to do strength training but I can't seem to get myself to do it.  Do as I say, not as I do, right??  Ugh.  Bad coach.

I runfess that I am very concerned that my hamstring issue is coming back.  After yesterday's race pace run, I had this low grade burning sensation in my upper hamstring and tightness in the belly of my hamstring.  This is pretty much the exact same feeling (albeit less intense) I had when I was injured last year.  Minus the nerve pain issues.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out a bit. There's exactly 4 weeks left until Tremblant, if I got injured now, I think it'd probably quit triathlon for the foreseeable future.

I runfess that I dragged myself to the gym this morning after swimming to do the work I'm supposed to be doing on a regular basis.  I'm pretty sure I will be sore tomorrow.



I runfess that these days I'd much rather be riding my bike than running because running just doesn't feel good anymore.  There.  I said it.  Never thought I'd see the day but there it is.  I want desperately to get back to loving running again.  I know it's going to involve a long process of rehabilitation, mostly because I don't move efficiently.   I have mobility issues almost everywhere in my body.  There are some that I have been diligently working at (my t-spine mobility) but I am so far gone in that area that it will probably take me a very long time to see any real results.  I'd love to just say screw it but unfortunately that lack of mobility affects everything from swimming, to cycling, to running.  So, I need to continue to work on freeing things up.



I runfess that I am FED UP with the weather in Toronto.  This has been one of the rainiest springs I can remember in years.  I actually rode my bike on the trainer yesterday because it was absolutely pissing out.  Isn't the saying April showers bring May flowers??  COME ON MOTHER NATURE, stop being a cow.


Whew, guess I had a lot on my mind, ha ha.  I'm feeling much better.

Do you have any Runfessions to share this month?   Rain:  Love it or hate it?







No comments: