Monday, May 5, 2014

It's All About The Bike: #Mingsanity Week 17

Well, things are finally back to my version of normal.  This past week saw me back in the pool and on the bike.  I also had to do another FTP / CP test so Coach Ming could figure out if I actually improved on the bike over the last few months.  Thankfully I did.  You can read all about it here.  These next few weeks are going to be all about the bike.  My running has been short and easy which is good because my knees have been cranky.  More on that in another post.  For now, I'm linking up with the #Bestfoot ladies to recap my week of training.



Monday:  a.m. 2550m swim p.m. 60 minute easy ride

Tuesday:  TEST day

Wednesday:  2000m swim, 90 minute ride with 5s max sprints every 20 minutes

Thursday:  40 minute interval ride, including 2 minutes all out.  OMG was this ever HARD.  My data profile looks like a mountain range, ha ha. This bit of insanity was followed by a 5km run = FIRST BRICK OF THE YEAR! 



Friday:  was supposed to take it off but I swam 1800m instead

Saturday:  First outside ride!  Second brick of the year!  62km followed by 6km run.

Sunday:  10km easy run

Totals:

Swim:  6350
Bike: 150.26km
Run: 21.29km.

Total time:  9h 50 minutes.

My training hours this week were more than double what I did last week, ha ha.  This didn't really feel like that much of a big week until last night at around 7:00 pm when all of a sudden I just wanted to go to bed.  I made it to 9:00 pm, ha ha.  This coming week is listed as a "medium volume" week.  I only have 2 runs this week, both of them are off the bike and he's brought back my strength routine.  Thank goodness because I was starting to feel a bit doughy.

I know a lot of you raced this weekend so I'll be stalking your blogs for recaps! 

If you didn't race, how was your week of training?

5 comments:

Kristin @ SweatCourage said...

Hi there! Stopping by from #bestlink. Nice to meet another triathlete on the link up! I look forward to reading about your training!

Ashley said...

Nice week of training! I'm not a triathlete (runner only) so I'm sometimes jealous of all the variety you get in a week. I love running, but sometimes I wish I could go swimming instead!

Lara @ Uptite Mamas said...

Making it to 9pm seems like a big deal for me too some days! Great job training! #bestfoot

Erica Gorman said...

I love #bestfoot as I am meeting so many new awesome people!

Thanks for your comments and I love that heart rate profile. Sometimes I feel my heart rate must be doing something like that only to find out my recovery feeling is very little different.

Great training week! Keep up the good work.

Krysten Siba Bishop said...

GREAT work girl. This month has been bananas for me. So I am looking forward to taking a step back from racing and focusing on the training for a while. I meant to ask are you doing Welland again this year?