Oh hey Thursday. Nice to see you! You know what that means folks...it's time for some Thinking Out Loud. I'm linking up with Amanda for some more fun random thoughts this week.
1. I'm officially waving the white flag. This winter has broken me. I just want to crawl under the covers and hibernate until spring. Cool? Wake me up when the snow is gone. Thanks.
2. I finally saw the Game of Thrones Season 4 preview. OMG, I cannot wait. I'm such a nerd I marked the season premier date in my calendar. While I'm at it, I might as well admit that I did the same thing with the Vikings season premier. I clearly have a thing for long haired men in armour.
3. Remember last week when I said I was so excited to be getting these babies installed? Well, do you think I've actually been able to get them to work? No. That would just be too easy. I have no patience for things that don't work the first time you try them so I'm going back to my bike shop on Saturday and getting them to re-install them and calibrate them. TECHNOLOGY FAIL.
4. I have yet another favourite food item (did I mention that I love food?) I discovered the BEST savoury pie place. Well I didn't really discover it. I read about it in the paper and then one of my bosses checked it out and said it was really good. It's right by my house so I stopped by after work last week and picked up a pie for dinner + 4 other frozen ones. I got the braised beef rib. Now I'm not normally a savoury pie kinda gal. I usually prefer mine sweet. But when my boss was cooking his, the smell of butter and spices that wafted down the studio hallway was a-ma-zing. I thought about it for days. So I decided I had to go and investigate. I was not disappointed. These guys use local (where possible) and organic ingredients in all their pies. And they use a whole lot of butter as that crust was the. best. thing. I've had in AGES. So good and so flaky and probably about 1000 calories. But once in a while, that's a-ok with me.
5. I just got accepted as an ambassador for The Mermaid Club. What is the Mermaid Club you ask? To quote Helena, the founder, it is an online community of "Badass women" inspiring other women (and men) to live happy, healthy and active lifestyles: to #livelifemakewaves In Helena's words, "living life is the key to happiness and making waves is what we Mermaids do when we embrace life." I couldn't agree with her more so I was thrilled when she chose me to be one of her ambassadors. I've now been introduced to a bunch of other like-minded women across the globe that are also ambassadors. SO cool.
6. I just discovered this. It's crack in a jar. Sometimes I put it on toast. Sometimes I put it on a banana but mostly I eat it out of the jar with a spoon.
7. This stuff has been an amazing discovery for me. I've been having knee issues (tendon inflammation mainly) so after one brutal treadmill workout a couple of weeks ago, I smeared this all over my knees and miraculously had NO knee pain for the rest of the day. I love it so much I went out and bought a tub of it. Oh the joys of getting older.
Your turn! Tell me something random!!