Yes, you read that right. I said Love and Winter in the same sentence!
I'm sure I'm not the only one that has bitched incessantly about how horrible the weather has been this winter - today being no exception. I think that everyone in the northern hemisphere is feeling that same pain. Since we're probably due for another 6 weeks of this crap, I figured I might as well try to look for the positives. A list of negatives would be far too easy and I'm never one to back down from a challenge. So let's get POSITIVE folks!!
5. You don't need to go to the gym to lift weights, just go outside and shovel your driveway. It's a full body workout.
4. Missed leg day at the gym? That's ok, just go for a run in the snow. It will work all the muscles you never knew you had. You may just decide that leg day is overrated.
3. Hot chocolate is a great recovery drink if you make it with chocolate milk. Then it becomes Double hot chocolate. Or hot double chocolate. And really, who doesn't want MORE chocolate?
2. Extra hot epsom salt baths with some foamy bubble bath thrown in for good measure.
1. FACT: Running in the cold and snow makes you burn more calories. So you can have some extra bacon with your post long run pancakes and not feel guilty. That's a win / win if you ask me.
Is there anything you'd add to this list?