Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Five: Fitness Snapshots!

Happy FRIDAY!!!  One more sleep and then I'm on the BEACH.  

But I digress.

It's Friday Five time again and I'm linking up with the DC Trifecta Ladies.  This week's theme - Fitness Snapshots.   Less writing, more pictures - yay!


I try to work out between 5-6 days a week.  Since I am a triathlete, "doubles" are generally the norm for me, meaning I do a morning workout and an evening workout.  It's hard to fit all three sports into a week without having double days, ha ha.   I also have to fit in strength training and my physio exercises.   Whew.   So, here is my week in pictures.  I neglected to get a shot of me doing my physio work.  Difficult when my official photographer (a.k.a G) was away all week, ha ha.


Sunday, Monday & Wednesday I swim with a Masters group.  That's why the pool looks so packed...and this was a quiet day!


Tuesday's and Thursday's I usually hit the gym.   I also usually try to get a run in on Tuesday evenings but because it was so darn cold and snowy, I took it to the treadmill.   That run was a nice little progressive 5km that had be start at 8 min miles and end at 6:31 minute miles.  Holy sweatfest.


Wednesday night I opted to ride.  I usually aim to get on my bike at least twice a week.  On a good week, it's 4 times but that hasn't happened in a while.  I put in 50 minutes of good hard work on Wednesday while watching Bones.   Thank goodness for DVR's!


Thursday I was back at the gym doing more strength work.  I usually mix up my upper body routine.  Thursdays I tend to work a bit harder because I'm not getting up to swim the next day so I can do a bit more and lift a bit heavier without fear of having to try to make it through a swim with noodle arms, ha ha.

I do my physio work almost every day and of course, I don't happen to have a picture of that.  But, it was done! 

I think I'm going to account for speed packing as a workout as well.  I have to do that when I get home tonight since we're heading out to the airport for 7:00 am.  FUN!

How did you incorporate fitness into your week?  



3 comments:

Liz @ Loving to Tri said...

Great pics! Love your hot pink shoes.
That progressive 5k run was impressive - so speedy :)

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

So as I write this, you are on the beach somewhere...enjoy your trip!!

Alison @ racingtales said...

Have a great vacay! I know what you mean about 2-a-days AND the noodle arms - I did strength Friday morning and swam Friday night (yeah, no life!) and definitely had a bad case of noodle arms after that workout!