Friday, May 11, 2012

Back in The Saddle

The weather is nice, my marathon is done and my legs are almost recovered so it's high time I got back in the saddle and got on my bike.  Never mind that it hasn't had a tune up in 2 years, I'm going to take it out for a spin this weekend anyway.  There are tri's to do and a duathlon title to defend so I can't let my riding take a back seat any more.   My Saturday run is going to be replaced by a Saturday ride, that I will inevitably do on my own given that I'm as slow as molasses and can't keep up with the boys, but whatever at least I'm out there.

We're heading up north this weekend with some friends, most of whom are riding so I've been gently goaded into participating.  I only hope that my legs can handle the hills in Dorset.  I suppose that if I'm just not feeling it, I can always get off and go for a run instead.

photo courtesy of Sue Cadman.  This is actually her bike. I just happen to have the same one.




No comments: