Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thinking Out Loud

I've been throughly enjoying Christina's Thinking Out Loud Thursday posts so I decided to join in the fun and link up with Amanda at Running with Spoons because sometimes this brain of mine can't always formulate full thoughts.  Especially towards the end of the week.



1.  Since I've started #Mingsanity 70.3, I think about food almost constantly.  Especially on my double days.  I'm not going to lie, there are days where I've been tempted to inhale a Double Down because I'm so hungry.  I clearly need to figure out how to eat on these days so I don't inhale anything and everything.

2.  There have been some fun "tests" floating around on Facebook thanks to Buzzfeed.  I took a few of them:  Apparently I'm supposed to be living in Portland.   If I was a Harry Potter character this is who I'd be:

Ironically, not too far off, ha ha.

If I was a Muppet, this is who I'd be:

Hilarious.  Clearly I've had a bit too much time on my hands as of late.

3.  I have become obsessed with this:


I bought this a couple of years ago and re-discovered it in my cupboard a few weeks ago. Conveniently just before it expired.   It makes THE BEST hot chocolate.  It's sugar free so you can add as much or as little sweetener as you like.  Mix it up with some cinnamon and french vanilla flavoured stevia, add some almond milk and you have heaven in a glass.  Sadly, I just ran out of it this week and, I can't remember for the LIFE of me, where I bought it from.   I thought it was Loblaws but I've checked two and neither one of them had it.  Looks like I'm going to have to resort to ordering it from Amazon.ca. Shipping costs almost as much as the product itself so I think I'm going to be buying a few.  Just as well, this winter definitely calls for daily hot chocolate!

4.  I just ordered a pair of these and they can't come soon enough.  There is more snow in the forecast for this weekend and my current pair of Wave Riders are a disgusting mess.  I need something with a bit more traction and a little less "airy".  I'm hoping these fit the bill.

5.  Phrase I'm tired of hearing:  Polar Vortex.  I wish it would go away. I also wish the cold would go away.  Only 2.5 more months of this.  I'm really kicking myself for not taking a trip somewhere hot this year so much so that I might actually take a week of unpaid vacation just to go lie on a beach.  Cray cray.

6.  Today I'm featured on Crazy Running Girl's blog in her Faces of Fitness profile!  Go check it out and send her some love.  It's a fun column and a great way to find more blogs to read (just in case you were looking for more!)

7.  Your turn!  Tell me something random!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I am sick and tired of the Polar Vortex too! The last time I checked it was called "winter" but that is just me! Love these running shoes. Can wait to hear how you like them because I need a pair of winter running shoes!

Maria @ The Good Life

Runaway Bridal Planner said...

What a fun idea for Thursdays:) Hmmm for me, thinking outloud, If I could be anywhere in the world today, I would wish to be on a beach in Hawaii, I am tired of our cold yucky air inversion weather in Utah right now!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. said...

FIrst, I have to say that I love the tagline of your blog :) And YESSSS -- that cocoa powder may be one of the best things ever. I've been cheating on it with Hershey's, but it's definitely not the same. I haven't done the HP or Muppet quiz yet, but I did a Disney princess one and ended up with Belle, which is super lovely considering she's my favourite one :)

Happy Thursday!

PavementRunner said...

if you lived in San Francisco, you would be my best good running buddy.

Kristen said...

I'm so curious what your go-to food is right now. Typically when I train, there is always something I seriously crave! If I could eat anything it would be a burger. Mmmmm. I've done a couple of those buzzfeed questionnaires as well. Have you ever been to Portland? I live about 3 hours away - really cool city! I'm going to Africa in two weeks and it is all I can think about.

Abby said...

I was Harry. I really hoped for Ron.

Megan @ The Skinny-Life said...

I completely understand the food inhalation temptation when training. I've struggled as well with that balance. Congrats on the Faces of Fitness!

CheapRunnerMichelle said...

Love your blog name!
random...I save my "fav" coloured Saucony's for "special" runs...so that the milage doesn't get too high on them

Michelle @ 3cheaprunners

Megan @ Meg Go Run said...

I wear Wave Riders and I love them! Those are some great colors, too!

Cynthia @ You Signed Up For What?! said...

Love those shoes - cute colors! I hate the polar vortex. What's with these new weather terms that they are spouting these days?

Krysten Siba Bishop said...

I HATE THE POLAR VORTEX!!! HATE IT!! Also I think I need this hot chocolate, because it will clearly help make this polar vortex more bearable!