Monday, January 6, 2014

Back to the Grind....Almost

Ok where did my holidays go?

I'm sure most of us are asking that question today.  Luckily for me, I still have two days before I head back to work.   I need a couple of days to decompress from all the go-go-go of the last few days and get myself sorted for the impending insanity.  By impending insanity, I mean Boston / 70.3 training.  My Boston training started last week and my 70.3 training started today.

This is what my first week looks like:

Monday:  Swim (I swam 2850m in case you were wondering)
Tuesday A.M.: bike  P.M: tempo run with WTP + 30 min body weight session post run (that means no dawdling when I get home)
Wednesday:  Swim
Thursday A.M.: bike   P.M.: interval work + 30 min body weight session post run.  Coach Ming said I could switch this around as long as I feel recovered from Tuesday nights run.  If not, I'll have to switch it back to bike in the morning and run at night.
Friday:  OFF
Saturday:  Long run + 30 min weight session at the gym (this is going to be FUN on those 20+milers given that there are box jumps in this workout, ha ha) + 30 minute swim if possible.  If I'm at the gym and there's no aquafit class, that shouldn't be an issue.  Unless of course, I fall asleep on a mat after my weight workout.
Sunday:  Swim + Long Bike

I've got a lot of doubles happening, although realistically this isn't too far off my usual training schedule.  Minus the Saturday insanity of course.  I usually only do a long run on Saturday and that's it.  It will be interesting to see how I manage once I add these other things in here.  I do know one thing;  I am going to need a whole lot of ready made, good for me food.  So that is my plan for the next two days.  I'm going to cook my butt off.  I made a few things on the weekend (my smoky chicken chili & a beef stew) so we've got a couple of things in the freezer already  I made a bunch of gingerbread pancakes, a few of which I had after my swim this morning.  The rest have been put in the freezer.
This mornings amazingness - Gingerbread pancakes stuffed with honey & cinnamon ricotta.
So glad we moved our old fridge into the basement!  Extra storage!
 I also made this amazing spinach and feta pie from The Racing Weight cookbook.  I will be making a few other things from it and then posting a review in a couple of weeks so stay tuned for that.  I've got a fritatta in the oven and will be cooking up some quinoa to have on hand and to make some black bean burgers with as well.  I've got a few other things on my to make list but I may save them for tomorrow.  All this standing is making my legs tired and I don't want to wreck the massage I had yesterday, ha ha.

Anyone else still have a few days off?





6 comments:

Cynthia @ You Signed Up For What?! said...

I have one of the Racing Weight books in my amazon cart but haven't bought it yet. Would love to read about the book you link to!

Stupid Cupid said...

Saturday was my first double workout. I used to do an interval weight training class on Friday nights but with a long run first thing Saturday morning I've had to alter my schedule so I'm going to do it after the run a few times and gauge how I feel.

I hope you're sharing the black bean burger recipe!

Stupid Cupid said...

Saturday was my first double workout day. I moved my weight training to after my long run instead of my usual Friday night class. I don't think I went as hard in weight training class as I would have if I hadn't just run 10 miles but I am going to try it this way for a few weeks and gauge how I feel.

I'd love to 'borrow' your black bean burger recipe!

Abby said...

Does a 2 hour delay tomorrow count?

Anonymous said...

Those pancakes look delicious! Unfortunately I have been back to the grind for a little while now. Luckily I only work 3 days a week, so it doesn't seem so horrible.

Runaway Bridal Planner said...

Enjoy your last couple of days off! I have a few more days before this years weddings start up, but I do a little prep each day so I don't really call them days off:)