Monday, January 6, 2014

Back to the Grind....Almost

Ok where did my holidays go?

I'm sure most of us are asking that question today.  Luckily for me, I still have two days before I head back to work.   I need a couple of days to decompress from all the go-go-go of the last few days and get myself sorted for the impending insanity.  By impending insanity, I mean Boston / 70.3 training.  My Boston training started last week and my 70.3 training started today.

This is what my first week looks like:

Monday:  Swim (I swam 2850m in case you were wondering)
Tuesday A.M.: bike  P.M: tempo run with WTP + 30 min body weight session post run (that means no dawdling when I get home)
Wednesday:  Swim
Thursday A.M.: bike   P.M.: interval work + 30 min body weight session post run.  Coach Ming said I could switch this around as long as I feel recovered from Tuesday nights run.  If not, I'll have to switch it back to bike in the morning and run at night.
Friday:  OFF
Saturday:  Long run + 30 min weight session at the gym (this is going to be FUN on those 20+milers given that there are box jumps in this workout, ha ha) + 30 minute swim if possible.  If I'm at the gym and there's no aquafit class, that shouldn't be an issue.  Unless of course, I fall asleep on a mat after my weight workout.
Sunday:  Swim + Long Bike

I've got a lot of doubles happening, although realistically this isn't too far off my usual training schedule.  Minus the Saturday insanity of course.  I usually only do a long run on Saturday and that's it.  It will be interesting to see how I manage once I add these other things in here.  I do know one thing;  I am going to need a whole lot of ready made, good for me food.  So that is my plan for the next two days.  I'm going to cook my butt off.  I made a few things on the weekend (my smoky chicken chili & a beef stew) so we've got a couple of things in the freezer already  I made a bunch of gingerbread pancakes, a few of which I had after my swim this morning.  The rest have been put in the freezer.
This mornings amazingness - Gingerbread pancakes stuffed with honey & cinnamon ricotta.
So glad we moved our old fridge into the basement!  Extra storage!
 I also made this amazing spinach and feta pie from The Racing Weight cookbook.  I will be making a few other things from it and then posting a review in a couple of weeks so stay tuned for that.  I've got a fritatta in the oven and will be cooking up some quinoa to have on hand and to make some black bean burgers with as well.  I've got a few other things on my to make list but I may save them for tomorrow.  All this standing is making my legs tired and I don't want to wreck the massage I had yesterday, ha ha.

Anyone else still have a few days off?





Post a Comment