Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Another Race? Don't Mind if I Do!

Yes folks this crazy little lady is at it again.  I'm racing again this weekend.  Realistically it's already been a month since my last race so I'm kinda chomping at the bit to get back out there.  I think I've given my body a bit of a break so it's time to get back to it. G and I have registered to do the Belwood Triathlon.  I toyed with the idea of doing this one when I was registering for all my races at the beginning of the season but decided to leave things open and see how I felt.  I'm feeling pretty good so it's off to the races we go.  I'm also looking to defend my first place standing in the overall points ranking for the series.   One of my more quiet goals this season was to try and get in the top 3 in the overall points ranking for the triathlon series that I like to race in.  I figured with the amount of races that I was going to be doing I should at least be able to get third.  I didn't expect to be first.  It is still early in the season though and there are lots of races left so we'll see where I net out.  Right now I've got a pretty good lead.



This time we're going actually have our own cheering section as well.  Belwood Conservation area is in Fergus which is about a 15 minute drive from my folks place in Guelph.  So they're going to come out and cheer us on as is G's sister and her family--so the entire fam damily will be out.  It's going to be like Ironman all over again, minus the lime green t-shirts and the super long day.  After the race we're all heading back to my folks place to hang out for a bit and have some lunch.  The weather is looking good too.  The insane humidity we have now should break by Friday evening so I won't melt on the run which is good because last nights tempo run just about killed me.

Anyone else racing this weekend?  Tell me about it! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so cool! GOod luck on your race!

Danielle @ Work It. Wear It. Eat It. said...

Whaaaat! Fergus! I wish I could come watch! But it is the Craft Beer and RibFest in K-W, soo..priorities. You know.

You like beer! Swinnnng by on your way home! hah

Phaedra Kennedy said...

Thanks Katie!!
Danielle - SAY WHAT??? CRAFT BEER AND RIBS?!?!?!?! Hmmm..wonder if I can convince G to stop...

Danielle @ Work It. Wear It. Eat It. said...

We're having a party, the door is open!!!!

Abby said...

I saw that you killed this tri. Such a great job. I guess your body was ready and waiting for it!