Thursday, October 11, 2012

Playlist Thursday: Oh the Angst of it All!


I am going through Playlist Thursday withdrawals!  I missed out on last weeks as I just couldn't get myself together in time.  I wasn't going to miss out on this one, especially given that I can focus on music from my teen years (helloooo 80's!).  This weeks theme is "Teenage Angst" so we get to pick songs that remind us of our teen years.  I don't know about you but I love reliving some of the most awkward (yet fun) years of my life. 

Playlist Thursday "Rules":

Something Old:  Songs that are at least 5 years old.  
Something Current:  Songs that have been released in the past year.
Something to Consider:  This is the wild card category.  Any song goes:  old, current, guilty pleasure, whatever floats yer boat.

Make sure you check out Brian's blog for some more musical inspiration!

Something Old 

Artist: The Grapes of Wrath
Title: Misunderstanding
Notable: This song is tied to so many high school memories.  It reminds me a lot of my first serious boyfriend.  I also had huge crushes on the guys in this band.  Good old Canadian boys from Vancouver too!  
Quotable: "So, you don't want to talk, you want to turn your back, angers just a mask, I'll be there when it cracks."


Something New

Artist: Duran Duran
Title: Planet Earth - Live
Notable: Duran Duran was my absolute favourite band in my early teens and I know they're still going strong (ish) these days.  Much to my surprise they released a live album in June of this year so they get the somewhat liberal nod as being "new".  They were the first band I ever saw live and I had the BIGGEST heart wrenching crush on Nick Rhodes and John Taylor. I was at the concert where they filmed the video for The Reflex.  Yup, me and about 20,000 other screaming girls. 
Quotable: "Look now, look all around, there's no sign of life, voices another sound, can you hear me now?

Something To Consider

Artist:  Midnight Oil
Title: Dreamworld
Notable:  This is one band I really wish I got to see back in the day.  I went to a lot of concerts as a teen but these guys were one band I never managed to catch live.  I was so bummed when they broke up.  These guys are are regulars on pretty much all of my playlists too.
Quotable: "No amount of make believe can help this heart of mine"

  What do you think?  Angst-y enough for you?

Post a Comment