Thursday, October 25, 2012

Playlist Thursday: Creep Me Out!


Here we go again with Playlist Thursday!  I emailed Brian a few weeks ago to suggest this one.  I don't know about you but I love Halloween so I thought it would be fun to have a Halloween themed playlist to put everyone in the mood.  It could be that you think the song is creepy or haunting.  Or maybe the singer is creepy looking.  Or maybe there's a video that freaks you out, whatever the case may be, the creepier the better!

For those of you that are reading for the first time, there are a few "rules" for Playlist Thursday. 

Playlist Thursday "Rules":

Something Old:  Songs that are at least 5 years old.  
Something Current:  Songs that have been released in the past year.
Something to Consider:  This is the wild card category.  Any song goes:  old, current, guilty pleasure, whatever floats yer boat.

Make sure you check out Brian's blog for some more musical inspiration!

Something Old 

Artist: Siouxie and the Banshees
Title: Spellbound
Notable:  30 years later I still love this song.  This was the stuff I loved as a teenager.  I remember actually dressing up as Siouxie for Halloween one year so they were a no brainer to put on this playlist.
Quotable: "You hear laughter cracking through the walls, it sends you spinning, you have no choice"




Something New

Artist: Marilyn Manson
Title: The Beautiful People
Notable: No Halloween playlist would be complete without the modern day King of Creepy.  So this particular song isn't new, but Marilyn Manson actually has a new album out so while I'm not necessarily featuring a new song of his I'm at least acknowledging the fact that he has something current out.  I've listened to most of it and it's creepy (no surprise there!) but I didn't find anything on it that I really liked either.  I really liked this song when it came out and it did live on my playlist at one point in time.  
Quotable: "The worms will live in every host, it's hard to pick which one they eat most"



Something to Consider

Artist:Roisin Murphy
Title:Ramalama (Bang Bang)
Notable: Her voice is haunting and the lyrics are kinda creepy so it totally made the list.  And, Wade Robson choreographed an amazing dance routine to it on So You Think You Can Dance that featured dancing zombies.  How much more creepy can you get?  The video I chose is actually of that performance.
Quotable: "Unzip my body, take my heart out, cause I need to give a beat to this tune"



Honorable Mention

Artist: Ministry
Title: Everyday is Halloween
Notable:  You can't have a Halloween playlist without this song.  Period.  This was the Goth anthem of the 80's.
Quotable: "Well I live with snakes and lizards and other things that go bump in the night.."



Are you creeped out yet?

2 comments:

PavementRunner said...

LOve the Marilyn Manson inclusion... that was a great ALBUM, period.

Scary honorable mention video!

Dash said...

Love the Roisin Murphy selection and the awesome video!