Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Sunday Ritual: A Top Up.

Here we are again!  Another Sunday already.  Given I didn't bring my lunch much last week I have a fair bit of goodies left from last week which means I don't have to make much this week.  Whatever I make this week will just be a top up to the rest of the things I already have stashed in the freezer.  It might also mean that I won't have to make anything next week except my breakfast!  The stove has been fixed so today I'm planning on FINALLY baking some protein bars and I've made something a little different for breakfast.  Yup, I'm giving my usual fritatta a break.  I made a "Country Breakfast Pie" from Fuel Up.  It's got a cornmeal crust and it's filled with turkey sausage and roasted red peppers.  I didn't have cornmeal so I made a chickpea flour crust and added some spinach to mine for a little extra veggies.  I love being able to take a piece out in the morning, pop it in the microwave and 45 seconds later I have nice healthy breakfast.  Makes my mornings that much easier.

yum yum yum!
I'm also going to make these burgers.  I was going to make them last week but the couch won out and I spent the rest of the afternoon chilling out.  These will probably be part of dinner tonight. 

As for dinner this week, I don't really have too much planned but I do have the fixings to do a whole lot of grilling this week.  It's supposed to be a scorcher weather wise, so the BBQ will be getting a nice workout.   I've got the get some hickory chips so I can smoke some chicken breast.  I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for a sale on some pork shoulder or butt so I can make pulled pork.  I'm craving smoky BBQ like nobody's business.

This is what I'm thinking for the first few days this week:

Monday:  Garlic & thyme grilled chicken (a great Martha Stewart recipe, surprise, surprise) + grilled zucchini with sauteed tomatoes and dill.

Wednesday:  Grilled pork chops with maple & mustard glaze + whatever veggies I can toss on the grill.  Probably mushrooms, peppers & pearl onions.

Not quite sure what I'll do on Friday.  I'd love to find me some nice halibut steaks to make this recipe.  Perhaps that will be my mission during the week. 

What are your meal plans for this week?  


No comments: