Sunday, March 6, 2016

#OperationTop5 Week 9: Back in Business

What a difference a week makes!  Last week I was moaning and groaning about my glut.  This week, I've done a complete 360.  My glut is better and I'm back in business.  Not without a lot of A.R.T and rest though.  I think swimming really helped stretch me out so I'm grateful I was able to do that at least.  I decided to test things out on Thursday morning (which was also my birthday - you can read my birthday post here).  I tentatively hopped on the bike and started pedalling.  Nothing, no pain.  I pushed a bit harder.  Still no pain, just a little tightness.  45 minute sweaty minutes later I got off the bike with a huge grin on my face.  Best.  Birthday.  Present.  Ever.



This week at work was a busy one but we always take the time to celebrate birthdays so on Wednesday, it was one of the photographer's birthdays and we had these amazing donuts.  Thursday it was my birthday as well as another one of the photographers that I work with so of course there was cake.   And yes, that says what you think it says.  I keep things pretty clean here but I have a bit of a potty mouth.   Suffice to say I've eaten my weight in sugar this week.  I think I've had cake or something sweet every day since Wednesday.  Your birthday comes once a year - I say live it up.


We went out with a couple of good friends for dinner last night to celebrate and of course we pretty much closed the place down.  I had two glasses of wine and was ready to fall asleep at the table, ha ha.  I'm such a light weight.  It was a lot of fun and it was great to catch up with everyone.  I didn't get to bed until midnight which is super late for me so I skipped my morning swim.   Once in a while, you need a sleep in.  Today was that day.  Which brings me to the BIG news this week.  I finally hit double digits with my running!  Yup.  I ran 10.5km today before my legs said ok that's enough.  WOOHOOOOO!

I'm linking up with Holly and Tricia for the Weekly Wrap.  This is how my week went downnnn....


Monday:  OFF

Tuesday:  OFF

Wednesday:  2300m swim

Thursday:  45 minute ride

Friday:  2500m swim

Saturday:  2h 15 minute ride on the trainer and my longest ride this year.  I'm BAAAACK BABY!!!  Lots of zone 3 work.  Holy smokes was I ever drenched after that ride.



Sunday:  10.5km pain free run.  I definitely felt the bike ride in my legs but other than that, it was pretty freaking awesome.  It was so nice to be outside running in the sunshine!  I was clearly pretty happy about it.  I suspect my legs will probably be sore tomorrow but I don't care.


Total time:  5h 37 minutes.  It should have been 10 hours.  But whatever, I've got a training camp in 2 weeks that I want to be 100% healthy for so I'm not fretting about what I've missed.

How was your week? 

Don't forget to enter my Momentum Jewelry discount code giveaway!




No comments: