Thursday, January 24, 2013

Playlist Thursday - Rock On with Yo Big Bad Self!

I'm sooooooo diggin' this weeks Playlist Thursday theme cause really, I'm an alt-rock girl at heart.  Yup, get your Rock On fingers ready and brush up on your air guitar because this weeks Playlist Thursday theme is RAAWWWWK!  Yeah, that's right.  Without further adieu, let's ROCK ON, shall we?

The "Rules" of Playlist Thursday:

Something Old: Songs that are at least 5 years old.
Something Current: Songs that have been released within the past year.
Something to Consider: This is the wild card category. Feel free to list any song: old, current, guilty pleasure, underground, whatever floats yer boat.

Something Old
Artist: Lenny Kravitz
Title:  Are You Gonna Go My Way
Notable:   I just started listening to Lenny again a couple of weeks ago and this song along with Rock and Roll is Dead and Always on the Run have found their way onto my playlist.  Crank. IT. UP.
Quotable: "Though I'm not paid I play this game and I won't stop until I'm done"

Something New
Artist: The Sheepdogs
Title:  Feeling Good
NotableLove love LOVE this song by this Canadian "hair" band.  On a side note, one of the photographers that I work with in the studio directed this video.  You can check out the hilarious behind the scenes footage here, you just need to scroll down to the bottom of the post. 
Quotable: "Well I'm here to say I got a better way, nothing brings me down, with how I feel today"

Something to Consider
Artist: Soundgarden
Title:  Rusty Cage
NotableThis has made it on to a previous playlist Thursday post I'm sure.  It's one of my favourite Soundgarden songs and I find it's a kick a$$ song to run to, especially if you need to pick up the pace a bit. 
Quotable: "But I'm gonna break, I'm gonna break my, I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run."

Are you rockin' on with your big bad self???

No comments: