Monday, July 25, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

Yesterday I ran what I think will be my last run this year along the Martin Goodman Trail.   I've been running that route for the last 7 years.  I know it like the back of my hand.  But the time has come for me to find new running grounds.

Yup, changes are a-comin'.  We're temporarily moving house while our wee little place gets turned into a moderately sized place.  It's going to be a full on tear down and rebuild.  So, we need to find another place to live.  Luckily for us, friends of ours have gone to England for 3 months and have given us their house.  Said house is the other end of town in the Mount Pleasant and Davisville neighbourhood.  I lived in that 'hood for a year during university and I loved it.  That was before I became a runner so I think I'll have an even greater appreciation for it now what with being able to run through Mt. Pleasant Cemetery and on to the Beltline Trail.  I'm excited to get out and explore that end of the city.  I know there is some actual trail that starts at Moore Park and goes right down into the Don Valley so I'll be able to incorporate some trail running into my routes which will be a nice change of pace.   And, I'll actually be faced with some hills which will be a nice bonus given that I run in the flatlands.

I will miss running by the lake, especially this time of the year.  It's always cooler by the water and I have to say I love being able to see the lake as I run.   The next time I run along that trail it will probably be snow covered.   Crazy.

1 comment:

Paul Mora said...

I used to live in an apartment right at Yonge and Davisville, and used to walk in the cemetary and on the Beltine all the time! You'll be in good company; I used to see lots of runners there.