Monday, March 14, 2011

A Little R&R Does the Body Good!

Ok I'll admit it, I'm a workout-a-holic. I find it hard to dial it down and rest after a big event. I've gotten better at it in the last few years but mentally, it's still a bit of a struggle for me. In the back of my mind, I'm always afraid of "losing fitness" which is absolutely ridiculous.

I took this entire week off running after the race and opted to just do my usual swim and weight workouts. By Saturday I was totally itching to get out. It was a relatively nice day so I headed out to do a short "easy" run. I was pleasantly surprised to see my pace had improved a lot! My run felt effortless, especially for the pace I was running. Granted I didn't have my foot pod on (no battery) so I guessed at my distance. I might have been off by 100-150m but even then my average pace would have been about 5:10-5:12/kms. SWEEEEET! I was so happy. I haven't run that fast with that little effort in a VERY long time.

Just goes to show that a little rest and relaxation DOES to the body good!

No comments: