Monday, June 26, 2017

Monday Musings: The Post Race High

Happy Monday Gang!

This is going to be short and sweet because I'm still processing yesterday's race.  All I have to say is what a day.  What a day and what a race.  The full report will come in pieces over the next few days, I promise.

Tremblant is an amazing place.  They do this race up right for sure.  The volunteers are amazing and the course is fantastic.  It's tough, but it's absolutely beautiful.

Yesterday went far better than I ever expected.  I seem to under estimate my ability A LOT.   I still can't believe I pulled off what I did.   I'm really proud because the field was incredibly competitive this year.   The top woman in my AG went 4:36 and finished 11th OVERALL female.  Behind her was an ex-pro, Darlene Hall, whom I used to swim with.  In fact the top 3 women in my AG all went sub 5:00 hours, whereas last year, NONE of my AG went sub 5:00.  So to even crack the top 10 against talent like that makes me feel really proud.

I went into this race with zero expectations.  I didn't think I was going to be that competitive, especially because I feel that my training wasn't where I had hoped it would be, especially with my swimming and running.  My run was just starting to come around but I still feel like I have a little more work to do.   And my swimming, well, let's just say yesterday really surprised me, ha ha.

It was so nice to race with friends and G of course.  G also had a spectacular day, taking a whopping 18 minutes off his time from last year.  Gone are the days of me beating him at races, ha ha.  His cycling is super strong and his run is coming around.  I'm going to have to bust my butt to keep him at bay on the run in Lake Placid!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for all the well wishes and the congrats!  Stay tuned for the race day play by play later on this week.

~ Coach PK xo

Happy Finishers!







No comments: