17 days until Christmas! And it's Tuesday. You know what that means?? It's TRI TALK TUESDAY! Today Courtney (who just became a new mom) Cynthia and myself will be offering up some gift ideas for that triathlete in your life.
Gifts Under $25
1. Race laces: These laces transform your regular running shoes into speedy race ready triathlon shoes. Never mess with tying laces on race day again. They come in a myriad of colours so you can always #runmatchy. Lock laces and Xentex are popular brands. ($8-$10)
2. Nutrition: Does your athlete prefer to use whole foods for training and racing? Then this product from Untapped that uses pure maple syrup would be a great stocking stuffer. You can get a box of 5 gels for $9.95. Of course Canada has their own version called Endurance Tap.
3. Road ID: This is one of THE best things you can get the athlete in your life, especially if they do a lot of their training solo. (Wrist ID slim and Wrist ID sport are under $20!)
4. Custom Bike Stickers: Make your favourite athlete look and feel like a pro with these custom bike stickers with their name and country flag on them. Order online from VeloInk. (approx $10)
5. Motivational Jewelry / Accessories: I've just recently become an ambassador for Momentum Jewelry and they have some AWESOME pieces for that athlete in your life. It's something a little different as well. This single Foot Note is $9.99 US or you can get a pair for $15.99 US.
Gifts Under $100
6. Nightrunner 270 lights. I got the chance to review a pair and now I use them all the time and I can't say enough amazing things about them. Every time I wear them, people comment. I've actually had people run me down to ask me about where I got them. $60 U.S.
7. The Arena Wetsuit Sack. Not only does this amazing bag provide storage for even the bulkiest of wetsuits, but it also does double duty as a changing mat and staging area. Not bad for $80.
The "You Were Really Good This Year" Gifts - $100 +
8. The Hyperice Vyper Foam Roller. This is the Cadillac of foam rollers. It is a battery powered foam roller with 3 settings that allow your muscles to relax so you can really get into those tight spots. I got the chance to try it at the Runner's Academy and it's amazing. Triathlon Canada magazine claims it is one of the best self care items on the market. For $300 it should be!
9. The Garmin Forerunner 920xt: I've been using Garmin devices for a long time and this one has got to be my favourite. It's got indoor and outdoor settings for running and biking and it has a pool and open water setting. It also tracks your running cadence as well as your steps taken throughout the day AND, if all of that wasn't enough, it also tracks your sleep. Add the heart rate monitor to the mix and you've got the ideal training tool. $650 CDN
10. Bontrager Ballista Helmet: This helmet offers you all the same benefits of an aero helmet but with better ventilation and the traditional styling of a road helmet. So if you don't like the look of traditional aero helmets or if you're going to be racing somewhere really hot, this helmet is ideal. It comes in 3 different colours; bad ass matte black, classic white and the uber bright high-viz yellow. $175 CDN
What's on your Christmas list? I'm hoping for the Vyper foam roller!
Head on over to the link up to check out the other posts!