Friday, December 4, 2015

Friday Five - Dream Vacations

Happy Friday Folks!  Today I'm linking up with the DC Trifecta Ladies, Cynthia, Courtney & Mar for Friday Five!  This weeks topic is dream vacations which is perfect because this time of year has me dreaming of warmer climes.   There is a great big world out there and it's begging to be explored.  If money was no object, these are the places and things I'd love to do.

1.  Visit Australia and New Zealand.  See as much of them as possible.  Definitely go to Ayers Rock.  Toss in a 70.3 or local tri while we're there.  I'm pretty sure I could easily devote several months to this.

2.  Eat, Drink and Cycle our way through Italy.  We spent a week in Northern Italy last year and I'd have to say that was my favourite part of the trip.  The food, the coffee, the wine, the people, all of it.  So amazing. 

Bassano del Grappa

The famous bridge in Bassano del Grappa
3.  Travel around Europe and ride all the major climbs in the 3 Grand Tours (The Giro d'Italia, Le Tour de France and the Vuelta a Espana).    This would require a LOT of training before hand and I'd have to get a whole lot better at descending mountains as I have a score to settle at Alpe d'Huez.  I'd also need a sweet new bike of course, ha ha.

Sitting on the mountain about 1/4 of the way down, waiting for a ride.
4.  A couple of weeks at a private villa somewhere hot with nice white sand beaches.  Turks and Caicos would be nice as would any of the British Virgin Islands. 

5.  Explore California.   We went to visit friends in San Fransisco several years ago and we totally loved it.  I'd love to go back to explore more of the state.  We'd definitely bring our bikes, haha. 
Walking around downtown San Fransisco.  Holy hilly.

Driving up Mount Tam.  If only I had my bike!

If money was no object, where would you like to go?  Head on over to the link up to check out all the other great Friday Five posts!

No comments: