Monday, August 25, 2014

Sleeping in Would be Nice & A Weekly Recap

Well here we are again.  Hello Monday.  Once again, you arrived much too quickly.  I think this two day weekend nonsense is BS.  We should have 3 day weekends.  I'm convinced the world would be a much happier place if it was on a 4 day work week, 3 day weekend.  It would at least give me a day to recover from my Saturday & Sunday, ha ha.  On the positive side, I've only got a 4 day work week this week due to the long weekend coming up.  YAY!  What I'm most looking forward to is SLEEPING IN.  I've been up early every day this week.  Although, truth be told, I got up on Monday to go swimming and was so tired, I went back to bed.   I got up early Saturday and yesterday.  Like 5:00 am early, which is just wrong on a weekend.  It's one thing if you're racing (which we were yesterday) but Saturday was a training day and for some reason G wanted to start early.  It was nice to be done my workout by 9:30 am but still....I think I prefer sleep.   We won't have too many more weekends like that since race season is winding down.

This was a lighter week of training for me.  Left to my own devices, I usually tend to back things off the week of a race.  During Mingsanity there was none of that, ha ha.  This is how last week looked.

Monday:  slept in!

Tuesday:  90 minute strength & mobility in a.m. + Tempo Run in p.m - one of the best runs I've had in a while! 

Wednesday:  2300m swim

Thursday:  60 minutes strength & mobility in a.m.+ 25km trainer ride in p.m.

Friday:  2100m swim

Saturday:  50km ride.  Once again in cloudy crappy weather.   But at least it was fairly warm.

Sunday:  Toronto Island Tri - race report to follow!

Totals:

Swim:  4775m
Bike:  95.23
Run:  15.70

Total time:  8h 53 minutes.  I'm thinking between 7-10 hours of workouts a week will probably be where I keep things for the next little while.  That seems to be where my body is happiest without overloading it too much. 



Anyone else race this weekend?







1 comment:

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

I'm with you on the longer weekend idea. I've been off since last Thursday, will be off until this Friday. I'm really enjoying some free time at home. Don't get me wrong, there's been no sleeping in--I was up at 5 on Saturday for my run (to beat the heat) and today to meet my coach for training. Still, it's been nice! I could get used to this!