Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Introducing...


So, last night, I get home from my tough tempo workout to find this waiting for me (not the best pic, but that's what happens when you instagram it).


I was pretty excited to add that to my collection of stuff.  I'm going to have to start getting some frames!

Shortly after we got home from our run, a friend of ours came by with his son, who is interested in buying my race wheels.  He's 16 years old and really into cycling.  Coincidentally he emailed G on Friday asking his advice regarding a pair of lightweight race wheels.  G offered up mine at a reasonable price so he came by last night with his dad to check them out.  He took them.  YES! 

After I showered, I came back downstairs to eat dinner and then G asked me to come downstairs with him because he needed my help with something.  I said ok and I wandered downstairs with him.  As he turns into the basement, he steps aside and gestures to the far wall.  I look over and what do I see but this:


Of course I start crying.  I was not expecting to have this guy until this evening and I certainly wasn't expecting him to come with RACE WHEELS.  Holy Frig.  I was speechless.  And then I couldn't stop smiling.  Much like a car, I believe that a bike needs a name.  So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to Tom Sawyer.  He's my modern day warrior, all kitted out and ready to go. 



Post a Comment