Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer's Here and the Time is Right for Yet Another Race!

It's the first day of summer and the longest day of the year.  I used to like to stay up late-ish and appreciate the fact that it stays light till almost 10:00 pm.  Notice I say used to.  These days I'm in bed by 9:30 and tonight will be no exception.  I've got triathlon number 3 in Welland tomorrow morning which will mean another early morning wake up.  I've been up stupid early almost every day this week trying to get my training in before work (when there is a 4 at the start of your wake-up time, that is considered stupid early in my books).  Work has been getting busier and busier and I suspect that come next week, chaos will ensue just in time for the long weekend, which is par for the course in my line of work.



I feel completely exhausted so tomorrow's race should be interesting to say the least.  I did hill repeats on the bike yesterday followed by a very short run and my legs just felt flat.  Could have been because I was dehydrated from the day before.  Could have been because it was FREEZING cold out (12 degrees, which on a bike seems more like 2).   Who knows.  I took it easy last night and took today off, partially because I had to be at work for 7:00 am.    So we shall see.  At least the course is flat so I won't have any hills to sap whatever energy I have.  It's also going to be humid so I think some salt tablets or Margarita shot blocks might be necessary.  I'll have to make sure I pack both tonight.

Regardless of how tired I may be tomorrow, it should be fun.  I know a few who are people racing and the lovely Krysten of Darwinian Fail is doing the race as well.  It will be her first triathlon so I've offered to help her set everything up in transition.   I suspect that she will cross that finish line with a HUGE grin on her face.  You can bet that there will be some tweeting and instagram action pre and post race so watch for it! 

Who else is racing this weekend?  Anyone?




2 comments:

Runaway Bridal Planner said...

Hope you had a great race this past weekend!!!!

PavementRunner said...

I didn't race over the weekend... really? yep. Actually, I didn't even run. Ha.

Can't wait to hear about your race recap. I hope there are some photos of you and K celebrating!