Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Goal Getter 2013 Upate: April



It seems like just yesterday I was writing my March update.  It's kinda scary how the time is flying by.  All in all, I'd have to say that April was a good month.  I nailed 2 more of my 2013 Resolutions / Goals.

I ran a sub 3:20 at Boston and I hit the 250,000m mark for swimming.  So yeah, April has been a pretty amazing month.

I have a few things I want to work on for the month of May. 

1) My flexibility.  It's horrible.  I mean seriously horrible.  Everything is in a constant state of tightness, even after stretching, foam rolling and massage.  I don't think I stretch well enough given the amount of "muscle shortening" that I do (weights & running but especially weights).  I need to balance that out with some yoga or some sort of regular stretching routine that is done every day.  Or at least every other day in conjunction with the stretching I do post exercise.  I think this is the major issue behind all my other little muscle issues I've had over the course of this past year.

2) Cycling.  It needs to become a part of my life once again, especially since I've signed up for 6 sprint triathlons this summer.  Looks like the daily doubles will be back in full swing soon. 

3) Aim for at least 2500m every time I swim.  This would be easily doable if I actually stayed for the entire swim.  Most of the time I leave about 15 minutes early.  I don't really need to.  It's not like I'm rushing off to work.  I don't start work until 9:00 am and the pool is only 15 minutes away from the studio.  Given that swimming ends at 7:30, that gives me plenty of time to get ready and get to work.  So, I'm going to start to make an effort to get at least 2500m in per swim.   Or maybe even stay until the very end.  Wouldn't that be something??

4) Get back on the #PlankADay bandwagon.  I did that last year for the month of July and the difference in my core strength and appearance was amazing.   Right now I'm only doing plank work when I'm at the gym, which is twice a week.  Time to change that.

How was your April?  Did you check off any more goals from your 2013 list?



No comments: