You have to love the support of the blogging community, really. Especially us runner/bloggers. On Wednesday I was nominated for a Liebster award by Ty over at Seeking Boston Marathon. I've heard of this award but had no idea what on earth it was. To quote Ty, "a Liebster award is for upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers to help raise interest in their blog and connect with other like-minded bloggers."
It's a lot like the top 10 lists that bloggers have been tagging other bloggers in. Or, if you remember the days of a thing called letter writing (wow, I sound like I'm about 90), then it's kind of like a chain letter but a lot more entertaining and interactive.
Each nominated person must post 11 things about themselves.
Answer the questions that the nominator set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've nominated.
Nominate 11 people and link them to your post.
Go to their page and tell them and most importantly, NO TAG BACKS!
So without further ado, here are 11 random things about me:
1. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in drawing and photography but I haven't drawn anything in years and I take more pictures with my phone than I do with my camera.
2. I work as a producer at a commercial photography studio. So I suppose I've still managed to stay in my field, ha ha.
3. I am somewhat obsessive about recycling paper. We go through so much paper here that I make a point of taking any "junk" or used paper and printing something on the other side. All of my billings are done on recycled paper, ha ha.
4. I really got into running when I went through a major break up. That was almost 15 years ago.
5. I have a hard time sitting still for too long. Unless I'm lying in the sun.
6. I have a penchant for online shopping, especially on ebay. It's a bit ridiculous.
7. I want to eat, drink and cycle my way across Italy with G.
8. I've done 2 Ironmans.
9. I wish I could sing but I'm completely tone deaf. Unfortunately for those around me, that doesn't really stop me.
10. G and I met at a Running Room marathon clinic 12 years ago. Where has that time gone???
11. I have been known to do a pretty mean Robot on the dance floor. I know there is video evidence of this somewhere, I've seen it and it still makes me laugh.
Questions that Seeking Boston Marathon posted for me to answer:
1) What's the one thing that people would be most surprised to learn
about you that has nothing to do with running (riding, or biking?) - I used to be petrified of open water swimming yet I managed to do 2 Ironman's and several other triathlons.
2) What's the best race you ever ran and why? In recent memory, I'd say it has to be Around the Bay 30km last year. I paced myself perfectly for once and actually managed a negative split.
3) What's the furthest you've traveled to participate in a race? All the way to Zurich, Switzerland for an Ironman.
4) Who were you most happy to see as a spectator in a race? G of course. I always look for him.
5) Do you think you've had your best race yet? If I can get these weak hips of mine sorted out, then I think I'll be capable of some good races this year. So no, I don't think I've had my best race yet.
6) What's your favorite indulgence after a race or long run? After a race: A good burger, fries and a pint of good beer. After a long run: pancakes smothered in berries and real maple syrup.
7) What song would you be most embarrassed about if others found it's on your ipod? Party Rock by LMFAO
8) What's your favorite shoe or shoe brand? Mizuno!
9) What's your most embarrassing run moment? Running off course at last year's Mississauga Marathon. d'oh.
10) When did you start running? April 1998.
11) What's your perfect Saturday night? Sitting on the couch with G watching either a movie or a new episode of Top Gear & enjoying a glass of wine. Yeah, I'm old. So what.
And the nominations are....
Yo Momma Runs
Mom on Empty
Lift Teach Love Run
Noshing on Asphalt
Sneakers and Fingerpaints
Thinking Out Loud
Running for Autism
Diary of Dashing Fashionista
Yeah ok some of these folks have more than 200 followers but, I'm curious to read their answers.
Now my questions for them!
1. Speed work: Love it or loathe it?
2. How did you get into running?
3. What is your one guilty pleasure?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
5. Do you have a bucket list? If so what's #1 on it?
6. What piece of gear could you NOT live without?
7. Do you have a bad habit you want to break?
8. What is your go to pre race meal?
9. Do you prefer to run in cold or the heat?
10. What do you love about running?
11. Are you a solo runner or do you run with a group?
Looking forward to reading all your answers! Thanks to Ty for the nomination!