Saturday, April 28, 2012

Eat, Drink, Repeat

My view for the week.
I was going to title this post "How Not to Taper" but I can't say for sure if my shenanigans this past week have been a bad thing or not.  I guess I'll find out next weekend. 
I do know one thing, I'm glad I have another week to get back to "normal".  As much as I enjoyed the week away, I'm glad to be back home, away from the buffets, beer and blender drinks.  7 days of "Eat, Drink & Repeat" will do a number on anyone, no matter how fit they are.  There was a scale in the bathroom in our room and Gary actually weighed himself at the beginning of the week and at the end of the week.  I didn't bother.  I didn't want to know.  By the middle of the week, I felt gross and I was incredibly bloated. Par for the course when you go to an all inclusive resort, at least for me anyway.  But, it was a vacation.  Vacation to me means a break from everyday life.  So I took a break from my regularly scheduled healthy living and indulged in a week of quasi debauchery.  Once and a while it's nice to let loose.
I had big plans to run at least 3 times while I was there.  Those big plans never materialized as I was too busy having fun.  I made it out twice.  I did manage to run 10km a couple of days after my 5.5km outing.  I was tempted to try and run longer but the sun was climbing higher along with the temperature so I pulled the pin.  That and all I really wanted to do was lie down and listen to the ocean.  I got a lot of that done this past week along with a few naps on the beach, which is never a bad thing.  I wouldn't say that I've come back well rested though.  Sub-par air conditioning,  past-my-bedtime booze filled evenings and a rock hard mattress resulted in less than ideal sleep.  At least the lounge chairs were comfy enough to nap on!  Good thing I've got just over a week to catch up on my sleep and get rid of the last bit of bloating from my 7 days of eat, drink & repeat. 

1 comment:

Katrin Faridani said...

I know what you mean Phae. I felt gross by day three but I also allowed myself a few days of freedom. Think of how hard we work and live. I'm sure you will kick butt next weekend.