Hey! It's been a while since I've linked up with Amanda for a T.O.L.T and since there are so many random things flying around in my head, I figured why not. So here comes the thought vomit.
1. I am addicted to these little guys. One of my co-workers gave me a couple a few weeks ago when my stomach was bugging me and wow. Not only did they help ease my tummy ache but they were freaking delicious. I now have at least two every day.
2. I've recently discovered Spotify and I can't get enough. They have pretty much everything / everyone you can think of on there. And you can create your own playlists. I've been on an old school soul / funk music kick as of late so I created a play list called Soul Food which has been on repeat for the last few days. Nothing like a little James Brown to get your day started on the right foot.
3. Thanks to Cynthia, I'm a part of a FB group for all the people that have participated in or are participating in Eagleman. Someone posted a question about jellyfish being a potential problem in the swim and I just about s**t myself. I've been stung by jellies before and it's not pleasant. I'm already freaking out about the swim and the fact that there is a very good chance it will be NON WETSUIT. Don't add jellyfish to the equation. I'm seriously questioning my sanity in signing up for this race. I figured the Choptank was a river so it would be a pretty safe environment. Turns out it's a brackish river (a mix of fresh and salt water). That means more critters. That also means tides & currents. Not cool for a skittish open water swimmer like myself. On a positive note, Cynthia is organizing a meet up the day before so we can all meet each other and commiserate together!
4. I'm going to break all the triathlon rules and get my bike re-fit on Friday. Normally this is something you're supposed to do either in the off season or really early in the season so you have time to get used to it. But my back is causing me so many problems right now, I have to do something. Both of my chiro guys suspect that it's my bike fit that's causing all my issues. They seem to think that I'm now over using my glutes and hamstrings. Typical. I can never find the right balance, ha ha. I'm hoping the re-fit will fix my issues. At least I still have a couple more long rides to get used to it before race day.
5. Thanks to Michelle, on Sunday I'm going to be working as a "Motivator / Cheerleader" at the Toronto Women's Half / 5km. I think her and I are looking after the 5km race participants. Mizuno has graciously outfitted all of us in their awesome new spring line! I can't wait to sport this stuff! The weather is supposed to be cool-ish in the morning with a high of 23 so I think I may start with the long sleeve and work my way in to the tank.
That's about all the randomness I've got right now.
What about you? Tell me something random!