Sunday, December 1, 2013

#GoalGetter2013 - November Update

Well folks, here we are, only 31 days left in 2013.   The holiday fun is literally just around the corner and I can't wait.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.  Let's take a look at now November went shall we?

Main goal?  Work on my flexibility.  I won't say EPIC fail but I'd say pretty close to it.  I made it to yoga ONCE this month.  ONCE.  G has been 6 times in the last 10 days.  WTH?  Although, I have been making an effort to foam roll and stretch a bit more, even when I haven't done a work out.  I really need to keep on this as my PT seems to think that my knee issues are a result of my insanely tight calves and ankles.  Yes, everything is connected.  So moving forward this will be something that I HAVE to do on a regular basis.

I also said that I was going to get back to heavier lifting and strength training 3x a week.  Check - sort of.  I'm back in the gym and the squat rack and I have become friends again but instead of lifting 3x a week, I'm lifting twice a week and then I've added a TRX class as my third day of strength training.  Good LORD is that ever hard.   It works all the little muscles that the big lifts don't always get to.  I thought I was in pretty good shape until after my first class.  I was sore for 3 days.  3 freaking days.  But I loved every minute of it.  I'm going to make of point of doing it as much as I can in December.  Once training for Boston starts, I'll have to forgo it but for now, it's staying. 

Goal for December?  Maintenance baby.  That's it.  I've got a good thing going right now, my body is in a happy place and I'd like to keep it there for as long as possible. 

How did your November go? 






3 comments:

Christina @ the athletarian said...

HAHA the yoga part made me die. I bought a groupon a few weeks ago for three months of yoga and haven't activated it yet... That's my goal for this month. It'll force me to stretch and I think it'll help big time with keeping my body in check.

November went okay. I think my goal was just to become injury-free and run Hamilton without dying. Mission accomplished!

macnic said...

It was a good November for the most part. Good luck with Yoga. I always enjoy the hot yoga I go to with my friend Bridgett, but I can never pull the trigger on buying a membership.

Sam said...

I do yoga at home. I once signed up for 10 sessions with my sister. After the 3rd class we just started going out for drinks instead. LOL TRX is super hard. I hate it. My friend Emma loves it so much she has the TRX getup at home! Good luck in December!