Saturday, August 31, 2013

#GoalGetter2013 - August Update

What can I say about August?  Nothing really.  I said I wasn't going to bog myself down with too many little goals and it's a good thing I didn't because August was nuts.  I had a weeks vacation and came back to complete and utter chaos at work.  2 weeks of go-go-go culminating in 3 days of shooting, with two of those days being overnighters.  Oh yeah.  We started when I normally go to bed and worked right through the night.  Talk about being completely messed up.  I'm still getting over it.  Needless to say my regular workout routine took a huge beating this past week.  It became all about sleep and not really about anything else.  That being said, I still managed to squeeze in a few workouts here and there.  One of them being an afternoon swim at the outdoor pool at the bottom of my street.  THAT was awesome.  It was a gorgeous sunny day and I actually got a tan after 55 minutes in the pool! I'm going to try and go back this afternoon.

Last weekend marked the end of my triathlon season as well.  There are two more races left in the series but I am all triathloned out.  My plan was to do 6 races but I slipped an extra one in there and did 7 so, I'm pretty tired.  My goal with these races was to try and make the podium in each one with the hope of getting enough points to be an overall winner in the series.  I managed a podium spot in each race I did.  I actually think I raced myself into really good shape by the end of the season.  As of right now, I am in the lead in points in my age group.  G says he thinks it's mathematically impossible for anyone else to catch me, mainly because of the extra 20 points I've gotten for having the fastest women's run split at 2 of the races this year.  Thank goodness for my quick legs, ha ha.  I won't believe it until Sept 16th when the last race of the year is done. 

In September, I will be refocusing on my running.  I obviously haven't been as focused on that but I do think that my triathlon racing has definitely helped my running.  I am hoping to get back out with my run group by the second week of September.  Yes, I have another busy week the first week back but I'll at least be able to get back into some semblance of a routine.

I will also be cleaning up my diet.  I let a lot of things slide this past month and my waistline has paid the price for it.  It's been really tough given that I've been so busy but I am going to make a concerted effort to get back into my Sunday Ritual of prepping food for the week.  No traveling for triathlons will definitely help with this!  I may also cut back on the beer...*gasp*  I don't usually have a lot, maybe two or three on a weekend but I think as I get closer to October, my #beerstagrams will probably go on hiatus for a while.  I've got to keep my eyes on the prize:  Sub 1:30 or bust baby!



How was your August?




No comments: