Thursday, February 21, 2013

Playlist Thursday: All the Young Dudes

I have been having a bit of Playlist Thursday issues these last couple of weeks.  I had a lovely post partially written for the Valentines day edition of Playlist Thursday before I took off to Mexico but apparently Blogger and my ipad don't get along too well so I couldn't actually finish it while I was away.  UGH.  Then when I got back, my brain apparently decided to stay in Mexico.  I somehow managed to get ahead of myself and completely miss last week's Dance them (bummer) and published this weeks theme instead!  I quickly realized the error of my ways and took the post down to save it for this week.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my act together to actually DO last weeks post.  Bummer, because there were some good ones!  Anyway.....this weeks theme is DUDES.  Seriously.  Well actually it's music by dudes or a group of dudes.   Which is cool because lately I've been listening to a lot of good music by dudes.  Some old and some new.  Please be advised that parental discretion is advised for this weeks line up due to language.

The "Rules" of Playlist Thursday:

Something Old: Songs that are at least 5 years old.
Something Current: Songs that have been released within the past year.
Something to Consider: This is the wild card category. Feel free to list any song: old, current, guilty pleasure, underground, whatever floats yer boat.

And whatever you do, don't forget to head over to Pavement Runner's blog to check out the other participants posts!

Something Old
Artist:   Stevie Ray Vaughan
Title:  The House is Rockin'
Notable: I will never forget the day the world lost this man.  Luckily I had been able to see him in concert the year before.  What an amazing talent.  He made playing the guitar look easy. He gave me a whole new appreciation for good old fashioned blues music.
Quotable: "Kick off your shoes start losin' the blues, this old house ain't got nothin' to lose"



Something New
Artist: Robert DeLong
TitleGlobal Concepts

Notable:  I first heard this song last summer on Sirius XM and couldn't decide whether I liked it or not but there was something about the beat that kept me from switching the station and it eventually made it on to my running playlist.  
Quotable: "Did I make money? Was I proud? Did I play my songs too loud? Did I leave my life to chance or did I make you f***ing dance?"

Something to Consider
Artist: Gotye
TitleEasy Way Out

NotableI absolutely loved Somebody I Used to Know but wasn't crazy about the second release off that album (Eyes Wide Open) and then I heard this.  It immediately made it on to my playlist.  
Quotable: "Some feelings have a habit of persisting even though you wouldn't let it show."


People have told me I have pretty diverse taste in music and I think this playlist would definitely support that.

What do you think?  Would you put any of these dudes on your playlist?

No comments: