Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bust out the Big Guns

T-minus 2 days till we're off to the beach.  I've got my suitcase almost packed, gotten my hair done, taken my pasty white skin to the tanning booth and I'm even getting a manicure tonight.  I have one last thing to take care of before I am truly beach ready.   I've got to give myself a pedicure.  Given the current state of my feet, this is no small feat.  I haven't had a pedicure in years.  Mainly because the last pedicure I had was so awful that I ended up with sore feet and a wonky toenail.  Call me scarred for life I guess.  That was about 10 years ago.  I often think it would be lovely to go and have one done again but I don't think I'd want to subject an esthetician to my awful runners feet.  I imagine they'd have to bring out the big guns to deal with the callouses.  Much like this scene from Dumb and Dumber, with the exception that I at least cut my toenails on a regular basis.


I took a cruise through Winners to see if I could find a pedicure kit or some kind of fancy pumice scrub to at least soften the callouses a bit.  I can't take them off, not at this point in my training.  I managed to find a fancy little kit for $5.99.  What a bargain!  So tonight's task will be to fix up my feet so they are ready to be seen in public.  I've picked out a lovely corally red colour that should cover up the black toenails quite nicely with about 3 coats.  Here's hoping that my little kit is up to the task and that I don't have to break out the power tools.  

No comments: