Monday, June 29, 2015

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Happy Monday!  It's been a few weeks since I've done a weekly update.  Probably because I've had nothing to update, ha ha.  After taking almost a week off after Eagleman, I've slowly started to get back into the swing of things.  I'm still not back to my normal workout schedule and I'm ok with that.  It will probably be another few weeks before I get back to that level.  I've got the run leg of Muskoka 70.3 this weekend and I'm sure that will do a number on my legs.   After that it's nothing but short races until Scotia.   Oh and the Epic Tour of Halton.  Can't forget that.

Last week was my first week back at work and it was a doozy.  So. Busy.  I had two 13 hour days back to back on Tuesday and Wednesday and was totally exhausted by Wednesday night.  I also felt like I was getting a cold but I went and signed up for a trail race anyway, ha ha.  I didn't end up getting sick but my sinuses have been bothering me for the last few days.  Full report on the trail race will be coming up later on this week.  Don't forget Tri Talk Tuesday tomorrow!!  (say THAT 5 times fast, ha ha)

This is how I eased back into things:

Monday:  2012m swim (2300 yards).  Our normal pool was closed for maintenance so we ended up in an outdoor pool that was 25 yards.  Nice way to start at Monday!

Tuesday:  OFF
Wednesday:  OFF
Thursday:  50 minute strength workout.

Friday:  OFF (recovering from the previous days strength workout and massage)
Saturday:  11.5km trail race.
Sunday:  60 minutes on the trainer + a whole lot of foam rolling and stretching.  It was 13 degrees and pissing rain so I really didn't feel like going outside and riding in that.  It's SUMMER.  It should be sunny and WARM. 


Total time:  3h 27 minutes 

This week should see a bit more action as I'm planning on getting back into the pool as well as joining Morning Glory for their Tuesday and Thursday morning rides, weather permitting.

How was your week of workouts?  How much down time do you take after a big race?




2 comments:

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

We're having the same weather as you, apparently. This summer has been all about rain. And humidity. Yuck.

I hope your legs are well rested for this weekend! Good luck!

Alison @ racingtales said...

I was pretty much the same as you after Raleigh...could barely move the first week, started shuffling back into workouts by week 2! Shame though because the weather was great and I couldn't take full advantage! Can't wait to read about your trail race and good luck with the run leg at Muskoka!