Monday, June 9, 2014

Sometimes You Need a Break: #Mingsanity Week 22

Remember how ginormous my previous week was?  Remember how I said that this week was supposed to be an even bigger one?  Well, it wasn't.  Yes, I had the workouts scheduled but my body just did not want to cooperate.  I was busy at work, I had two really crappy nights of sleep after my big weekend so I don't really think I recovered properly.  Add to that a serious ART session on Monday night and my body was a bit of a mess.  I was dragging my butt for most of the week.  I even skipped my Friday morning swim in favour of sleeping in, which turned out to be ok as the pool ended up being closed.   Clearly I needed the rest.   The rest was probably a good thing considering what I had on tap for the weekend.

Sooo, let's see how this past week went down.

Monday:  1500m swim.  Had to get out early to get to the dentist.  ART appt in p.m. so no workout.

Tuesday:  Had an 80 minute bike on tap but skipped it and opted to rest my hip and knees.  Spent some quality time with my pal Ice Pack instead.

Wednesday:  2800m swim.  This was a tough set.  Was supposed to ride / run when I got home but I worked late so I didn't.

Thursday:  a.m.  40 minute bike, 2km run.   This was supposed to be an interval workout but I had absolutely NO gas in the tank.  I was exhausted.  So I did what I could.   I did get to see a beautiful sunrise though.


Friday:  Was supposed to swim but I got up looked at my bathing suit and said, screw that, and went directly back to bed and fell into the best sleep ever for the next hour.

Saturday:  Binbrook Tri.  750m swim, 30km bike, 7.5 km run.  Total time:  1:40:55.   A full 3 minutes faster than last year!  Landed me in 2nd place in my AG (the woman who beat me was a MACHINE) and 3rd place female overall.   Race report to come!



Sunday:  106km ride at race pace followed by a 13km run at race pace. What an epic day of workouts.



Totals:

Swim:  5050m
Bike:  156.15km
Run:  22.74k

Total time:  8h 32 min.  Most of which was on the weekend, ha ha.  

Now I am officially in taper mode.  Only 6 days until we leave and I haven't even started packing yet!  I better get on that soon.

How was your week of workouts?  Anyone else have any fun summer vacation plans?




Post a Comment