Monday, April 28, 2014

A Mini Vacation: #Mingsanity Week 16



This is going to be the shortest #Bestfoot post ever.  My last week of workouts consisted of the following:

Monday:  I ran the freaking Boston Marathon (race report to come!)

Tuesday:  I walked hobbled around Boston and ate everything in sight.

Wednesday:  I slept in the car on the way home.

Thursday:  I slept in and celebrated 10 years of wedded bliss with G.

Friday:  I dragged my butt out of bed and tried not to drown at swimming (swam 1300m)

Saturday:  Lounged around on the couch drinking coffee in the morning.   Had a massage in the afternoon after spending 3 hours sitting in traffic due to the closure of the Gardiner.  It's amazing how cranky that can make a person.



Sunday:  I was a shuttle driver, cheerleader & picture taker for G and my two friends that raced Paris to Ancaster.  Did an easy 35 minute ride on my new saddle when I got back.


 Total workouts this week

Swim:  1300m
Bike:  20.53km
Run:  42.2km

Total time:  4h 21 minutes of workouts.  3h and 21 minutes of that was my race, ha ha.

Now I have to mentally get my head back in the game and focus on the next 7 weeks of crazy to get ready for IM 70.3 Luxembourg. Ming and I were emailing yesterday and it looks like these next 7 weeks are going to be all about the bike.  I'm still running 3x a week but 2 of those runs will be off the bike.  I've got doubles almost every day now.  I'm also going to his lab at U of T tomorrow night for some more testing.  I'm a bit nervous about this as I suspect it will be quite unpleasant, ha ha. 

Make sure you check out the other #Bestfoot ladies blogs this week:  Krysten, Amanda & Ericka - there's been some pretty amazing stuff happening! 

How was your week of training? 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job in Boston and good luck with 70.3! I've never done a triathlon, I'm the spectator, but 70.3 is an awesome distance!!

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

Anxiously awaiting your race report! I have to live vicariously through my Boston running friends.

Wendy@TakingtheLongWayHome

Krysten Siba Bishop said...

Holy Amazing Boston time girl!!! Way to kill it (as always). And Congrats on the Big 10 year Anniversary with G!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Janelle @ Run With No Regrets said...

Boston must have been incredible! Great week of workouts!

Lara @ Uptite Mamas said...

Congratulations on Boston! P.S. your blog name cracks me up! #bestfoot