Sunday, September 1, 2013

8 More Days

8 more days till what, you wonder?

Only 8 more days till Boston 2014 registration opens my friends.  I can't believe it's here already.  Last year it seemed like September took forever to arrive!  You can bet that on Monday September 9th you will find me sitting in front of my computer, counting down to 10:00 am, credit card in hand.

This year the amazing folks at the B.A.A have increased the field size to 36,000 to accommodate an increased interest in running Boston.  It may not be as big as NYC in terms numbers, but it's still going to be pretty freaking amazing.  Going into last year's race, I was content to just run the race that year and be done with it.  But the days events made me reconsider my choice.  I had managed to re-qualify that day so to have the opportunity to come back and show my support for the city and all the amazing spectators that really make that race, was a no-brainer.  I was in.  The great folks at the B.A.A.  also gave the 5,633 entrants that had passed the halfway point but didn't make it to the finish line guaranteed entry into this year's race.  I am really looking forward to going back and running #BostonStrong with 36,000 other like-minded folks.  Together we will show the world that goodness will prevail.








5 comments:

Jo-Anne Sheffield said...

My registration day is September 13. I'll be at the ready as well.

I qualified at Mississauga marathon, 6.5 mins faster than my qualifying time, so fingers crossed this will be fast enough to get in this year.

It would be wonderful to make 2014 my first Boston!

Jo-Anne Sheffield said...

My qualifying day is September 13. So I'll be at the ready as well.

I qualified at Mississauga marathon, 6.5 minutes faster than my qualifying time. I hope this is enough to get in.

It would be great to make 2014 my first Boston!

Nicole said...

Fantastic!

Phaedra Kennedy said...

Joanne, I"m sure you will get in! This new registration system seems to have made things much better for everyone. Let me know when you're registered!! :)

Runaway Bridal Planner said...

Anytime running Boston would be amazing, but next year I think it's going to be extra special. Good luck with the registration, I envy you'll get to be a part of the amazing race!