Sunday, December 16, 2012

Tell me about your 2012!

Amanda over at Miss Zippy took some time to reflect on her year of racing and wanted to hear from her readers about their experiences this year.  She posted a great set of questions.  I always take the time at the end of the year to reflect on everything but it's never this succinct. I've taken some time to think about my answers so without further adieu, here are the questions, along with my answers. 

Best Race Experience?  This year was definitely not even remotely close to last year's epic year of racing but I did have a couple of excellent experiences.  I'd have to go with Around The Bay.  I raced smartly and actually managed to negative split the race.

Best Run?  I'd have to go with my epic long run that I had at the end of July.  The same day I injured my calf.  It was the first run in a long time that felt completely effortless even though I was running fast.

Best new piece of gear?  This is a tie.  My Oiselle Roga shorts and my Salomon EXO 3/4 tights.

Best piece of running advice you received?  Keep doing what you're doing because whatever it is you're doing, it's working.

Most Inspirational Runner:  Hands down it has to be Krysten at Darwinian Fail.  Despite being dealt a less than ideal hand in the area of genetics, her attitude, outlook and determination to succeed are incredibly inspirational.

If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be?  Recover, recover, recover.

What was your 2012 like?  How would you answer these questions?

2 comments:

misszippy said...

Great list--thanks for sharing. I love everything Oiselle, too! And Krysten is indeed inspirational. I like your summary and here's to a great 2013!

Phaedra Kennedy said...

Thanks Amanda! Same to you!