Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rise and Shine

From the time I started running, I was always a morning runner.  That would be how I started my day.  I would occasionally run in the evening if I was training for something and had a longer-ish run to do but for the most part I always preferred to run in the morning.  Since joining my run group I have switched gears.  I now run at night.  And with people no less!  To say that's helped me become a faster runner would be the understatement of the year.  I'm glad I made the switch but every so often I miss those early morning runs.   The streets would be so quiet as most sane people were still sleeping.  I'd usually be up and out the door before the sun started to rise.  I'd be just finishing my warm up by the time the skies started to turn that deep shade of blue that lets you know that the sun is waking up.  It was a great way to start the day.
Due to a variety of things beyond my control (a.k.a work insanity), my training schedule had to get shuffled around.  Instead of my normal Tuesday and Thursday night runs, I ended up running Wednesday night and then again on Friday morning.  I would have run on Friday night but I had a massage scheduled so I got up nice and early, packed my bag and headed in to the office.  I knew I was going to have a very busy day at work so I figured it would be wiser for me to run from work so I wouldn't be tempted to dawdle like I would be at home.   I dropped everything off and headed out the studio door around 6:40 am.  The sky was just starting to turn that beautiful shade of blue.  I knew that by the time I got down to the lake the sun would be coming up and given that it was a nice clear morning I knew I'd be in for a treat.

I wasn't disappointed.  What a great way to end a chaotic week.

Ducks
Silhouettes

Here Comes The Sun

 
Clouds

 All pictures copyright Phaedra Kennedy 2012.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting writing & cool pictures PK. What a way to wake up! RB