Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Runs Well With Others.

Last night I FINALLY made it out to run with a local run group, the West Toronto Pacers. I had run with them a few times in October and November and then disappeared inside once the snow came. I know some of the members from the tri scene and my swim club. Everyone in the group is really nice. And they are all pretty fast. The workouts are as tough as you want them to be. Tuesday nights are tempo nights and Thursday nights are anything from intervals, to mile repeats to hill work. I know that if I did these workouts on my own, there is a good chance I wouldn't push myself as hard as I do when I'm running with a group. Last night I ran with one of the more senior members and he commented to me after that he hasn't run that fast in a long time. I shadowed him for a good 2-3 km of our almost 7km run. That pushed him to work harder. In turn, I worked hard to not let him get too far ahead of me. A win-win situation if you ask me.

Thursday night is supposed to be mile repeats but it might end up being an interval session since many of the members are doing Around The Bay. Whatever it is, count me in as I'm finding that I run better with others.

No comments: