Saturday, July 2, 2016

The Ultimate Coffee Date - July is Here

Howdy!  I'm linking up with Deborah,  Lynda and Coco for the July edition of their Ultimate Coffee Date.  I promised myself I'd get back to regular blogging this month so here we go!



If we were having coffee, I'd tell you that I've actually adjusted to NOT having running in my life.   Do I miss it?  Of course.  But I don't feel LOST without it like I did a couple of months ago.  Probably because I've gotten on my bike more.  And probably because I no longer have a goal race on the horizon.   I did my first run in over 3 weeks on Thursday and while it wasn't pain free, it was pretty close so, I think I may be able to reintroduce running back into my life soon.



If we were having coffee,  I'd tell you that this whole selling the house business is STRESSFUL.  We staged the house so there are all these lovely things around that we can't use.   Which means we are  kind of living in a museum.  We have to put everything away, make the bed in the morning so it looks perfect, use different towels than the ones that are in the bathroom and generally keep things shoved in the cupboards or closets.    I DO love the way the house looks when everything is put away, but that's just not how we live.


Our bed NEVER looks like this!  
If we were having coffee,  I'd probably say that this time off is exactly what I've needed.  I feel relaxed, I'm sleeping well and my head feels clear.  I definitely needed this break. The best part?  I don't have to back to work until TUESDAY so I still have a few more days of vacation!  WOOHOO!

If we were having coffee,  I'd confess that I'm a little unhappy with my body these days.  More specifically with how my clothes fit.  I've lost a lot of muscle in my upper body and my hips and thighs have gotten very "soft".  I can tell by the way all my pants and shorts fit.  I've also lost a fair bit of power in my legs.  I know I'm not out of shape but the shape of my body has changed and I know it's because I've stopped lifting regularly.   So, as part of my rehab, I'm making a point of getting back into the gym.  I'm going to work at getting my muscles back!  Cause it's summer and when the suns out, the guns should be out.  Except that right now I have no guns, ha ha.

Moving along....

If we were having coffee, I'd let you in on a little adventure that I'm going to be taking on next week. A couple of my friends and I are planning on riding from Toronto to Hunstville next Friday "just because".   For those of you that aren't familiar with Ontario, it's roughly 250km (155 miles) from Toronto to Huntsville and it's pretty much all uphill going north.   The farthest I've ever ridden is 180km (112 miles) so this should be interesting.  We're not in a rush and we plan on stopping to refuel.  The end goal is to volunteer at Muskoka 70.3 on Sunday so we thought why not ride up on the Friday, lie around on the Saturday, volunteer on the Sunday and head home in the afternoon after the race.   G will drive up on Friday afternoon with all my stuff so when we get to Huntsville at some point in the early evening (hopefully), I'll have clean clothes and most importantly, my pjs.  Because I'm pretty sure I'm going to shower, eat all the food and pass out.  This will definitely be documented in a future blog post.


What things would you share if we were having coffee?




No comments: