Sunday, February 14, 2016

OperationTop5: Week 6 - If It's Not One Thing It's Another

Happy Valentines Day!

I had a lovely laid back day with the hubs.  We swam, met a friend for brunch and then did a bit of shopping.  I treated myself to some of my favourite bath products from Lush.  And of course G got me flowers.   Nice and low key, just the way I like it.

Once again, another week went by and I had every intention of finishing at least ONE of my drafted posts but alas, I did not.  It just didn't happen.  Work was busy, I had a couple of late days and then had to fit workouts in after work.  I don't have a lot of time in the evenings as it stands and when I have to get a workout in, I can forget about doing anything else in the evening.   Such is life.   It's Family Day tomorrow so I have the day off.  We don't have any plans so I am planning on doing some meal prep and I'm going to finish at least 2 blog posts.  That's the goal!

I had an easier week scheduled this week that became even easier because I got an ear infection.  Yup.  An ear infection.  I have sinus problems and this time of year, my ears get very itchy and dry.  So much so that I actually scratch them in the middle of the night when I'm asleep.  Which always wakes me up.  Apparently I ended up scratching my ear canal which ended up getting infected.  It was brutally painful.  I got antibiotics and ear drops but couldn't find my ear plugs so I ended up missing my Wednesday morning swim.  Since hubby was up I opted to switch my Thursday morning gym workout to Wednesday.  It was a good call, as the gym was totally empty.  I had the squat rack all to myself.  Winning!

Once again I'm linking up with Tricia and Holly for their Weekly Wrap.


Monday:  DAY OFF

Tuesday:  4.3km run

Wednesday:  50 minute strength workout

Thursday:  8km run - PAIN FREE!  p.m. - 75 minute bike ride.  Got back on this awesome machine after getting re-fit last weekend.  Oh how I've missed him!



Friday: a.m.:  2400m swim, p.m. 5.85km run.


Saturday:  60 minute strength session, followed by 90 minutes of hard work on trainer.

Sunday:  3300m swim in the a.m. and then a 6.68km run in the p.m.  It was a cold one but absolutely beautiful out.



Total time:  8h and 58 minutes.

I have one more run and then I'm finished my physio rehab run program.  It's been two months of building things back up.  I'm looking forward to being able to run more than 8km!

How was your week?  What did you do for Valentines Day?

No comments: