Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Music That's Going to Move Me.

Here it is.  Finally.  After much listening and editing, I've made my race day play list.  This is what made the cut.  Normally I just put my ipod on shuffle and let the songs play.  This time I've actually taken the time to put the songs in a particular order, one that I hope will push me to a sub 1:40 finish.

So here we go:

1.  Revolution- The Beatles
2.  Junior's Farm - Wings
3.  Graveyard Shift - Sam Roberts
4.  The Spirit of Radio - Rush
5.  Stadium Love - Metric
6.  1901 - Phoenix
7.  You Wreck Me - Tom Petty
8.  Howlin' For You - The Black Keys
9.  Animate - Rush
10.  Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
11.  When the Sun Goes Down - Arctic Monkeys
12.  Leave That Thing Alone - Rush
13.  Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
14.  Native Love - Divine
15.  Out of the Cradle - Rush
16.  YYZ - Rush
17.  Balaclava - Arctic Monkeys
18.  Stick it Out - Rush
19.  Rusty Cage - Soundgarden
20.  Two Swords - English Beat
21.  Heavyweight Champion of the World - Reverend and the Makers
22.  D is for Dangerous - Arctic Monkeys
23.  Wonderlust King - Gogol Bordello
24.  Pump it Up - Elvis Costello
25.  One Little Victory - Rush

2 comments:

aggosst! said...

Interesting. I never train with music, but I ran my first two halves with a shuffle, and I found that I couldn't keep the pace I wanted, as the different songs kept me running to their beat - I also found I was really distracted from my race management in general. I guess race music has the opposite effect on you, huh? I'd be interested to hear how you experience the beat of the songs.

Phaedra Kennedy said...

Music has the complete opposite affect on me. It's almost like background noise for me. I run what I run despite what I'm listening to, although a good fast paced song, strategically placed, will definitely help me push the pace. I ran the Harry's Spring Run Off looping Gogol Bordello's "Wonderlust King" through the tough part at the end. :)