Thursday, November 22, 2012

Playlist Thursday - A Whole Lotta Thanks


Finally!  I'm back on the Playlist Thursday bandwagon.  I've been M.I.A for the last couple of weeks and it looks like I missed out on some good ones.  It's US Thanksgiving today so today's Playlist Thursday theme is, appropriately,  "Songs that remind you to be thankful."

Check out Pavement Runners  catalog page to see what songs his other readers have put on their playlists.

Something Old


Artist:U2
Title:  Beautiful Day
Notable:  Every single time I hear this song, I smile.  I associate it with two big events in my life;  my wedding day (it was our "entrance song") and my first Ironman.  I will always remember standing on the beach at Mirror Lake, trying to calm the butterflies in my stomach while I was waiting for the race to start.  They played this song just before the countdown and it made me cry.  I remember standing there thinking about just how grateful I was to have made it to the start line.  Every time I hear this song, it's a little reminder to me to take the time to be thankful.
Quotable: "It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away"

Something New

Artist:Atlas Genius
Title:Symptoms
Notable:  There is something about the arrangement of the music and the harmonies in this song that just makes me happy.  When I'm happy, I'm always thankful. 
Quotable: "So, sweet little lover won’t you let me know? Like a circle round and round we go."

Something to Consider

Artist: Dido
Title: Thank You
Notable: This song needs no explanation, the title says it all.  It was the song that my hubby and I had our last dance to on our wedding day.  It always reminds me of just how much I have to be thankful for.
Quotable: "Ohh, just to be with you is having the best day of my life."

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Yo Momma Runs said...

I really like that Atlas Genius song. Thanks for the recommendation!

Phaedra Kennedy said...

I know!! I can't get enough of that song!!

Abby said...

You can never go wrong with U2. I always love them.